Saturday, October 13, 2012

Christmas Altered Canvas with Drawer Base


I am so very excited to share this project with you.  It took me three days on and off to design it, but I can say that this is probably one of my favorite projects right now!  See, I had an idea of having an Altered Canvas with a roof and a drawer on the bottom for a base.  I was looking for a box to use for my base and since I couldn't find what I needed, I had to build one instead!

The base measures 7 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/2".  I even made legs for it too!  I swear, before I put the paper on it, it looked like a piece of furniture from Ikea.  It is very sturdy too even though it's made entirely from cardstock and chipboard! 

Roof was made out of chipboard and adorned with lace and die cuts.  Flowers are made with our Lotus Die and the greenery is from our Holly Flourish.  Can you guess about the scallops on the roof?  Those are upside down Heart Fence die cuts!  Clever, huh ;-)

I used our Christmas Elf Marci on my canvas.  She is just so precious!  Love, love, love her!  I cut Christmas Tree from different designer papers and also from cream cardstock.  There is a doily cut in pieces behind Marci to create "snowy hills" as well as our Heart Fence.

Here is a list of Copics I used to color Christmas Elf Marci:
Skin - E00, E93, E11, E13
Blush -
R30, R20, R21
Hair - E51, E53, E55, E57
All Red - R22, R24, R27, R29, R59
All Green - YG03, YG25, YG17, YG00, YG97
All White - W1, W3
Holly Berry - R21, R22, R27 / YG03, YG95, YG97

I used flowers from Lotus Die and leafs from Holly Flourish to embellish fronts of the drawers.   Punched the holes and put the heavy string through for the handles.

Roses are made with our Rolled Roses Dies, we got them in three different sizes!  Small and Medium Roses come in a set and we got a separate Large Rolled Rose die.  The leafs were cut from our Large Flourish Die.

 Here you can see drawers pulled out.  Each drawer measures 2 1/4" x 2 1/4".  Plenty of room for little treasures!

 This is the back of my Canvas project.  If you know me, you know that I just couldn't leave it unfinished!  

Hugs!!



14 comments:

  1. Now you're just showing off!! :P Absolutely amazing project. SO.MUCH.WORK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wow, Wow, love it so much Amazed every time!! Cheers Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is truly gorgeous, love it, the image is adorable too and love your colouring,
    hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much.. just lovely and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that is amazing! Sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUTSTANDING Irina, you are a ROCKSTAR!!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is gorgeous, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! I want to make one!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!! This is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete