Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tutorial Thursday: Christmas ornament card


Happy Thursday everyone!  It's Mary J here and today I am going to show you a quick tute on creating 3D Christmas ornaments for a card.  Now this is easy peasy, but my friends always think my cards using this technique is really impressive - and I like to impress!  ;)

So first off, here is the finished article...



And here's how I made those ornaments...


  1. I selected three different but co-ordinating papers but you can use any combination you like and I die cut one each of the third smallest die in the Stitched Nested Circles die set and two each of the second smallest die in the set
  2. I then used my score board and scorer to fold each circle in half
  3. Using three different papers for each, I glued them together to create three ornaments as shown above
  4. Lastly, I glue a piece of twine down the middle of the backs of the three ornaments
To finish off the card, I positioned the three ornaments onto a piece of white cardstock, using glue at the back of the ornaments and cellotape on the back of the card to secure the twine.  I simply topped the ornaments off with some Doodlebug gems for a bit of bling, but little bows would look good too.
You can also make these into tree ornaments simply by doubling up the number of die cuts and gluing them to create a full ball - I'm going to give this a go myself!

Here's a photo showing it from a different so you can see a bit more of the depth...



I think you'll agree that really was easy peasy and I hope you give it a go!

That's it from me today but stop by again to get your daily dose of La-La Land Crafts inspiration - ta ta for now!



1 comment: